Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nobody Said it Would be Easy

So, the reason I didn't blog bout the whole Justin Bieber thing is because I didn't really consider it newsworthy. I check Google news, Taylor's website and her Twitter page as often as I can and every day something new is posted. Usually it's things like "Swift switches cereal brands" or "Spent the day with @Selena Gomez. Shopping is awesome!" but sometimes stuff that I actually feel like talking about (eg. award nominations, new music videos, raunchy vampire shows playing Haunted, etc) shows up on the web.

The Justin Bieber thing fell somewhere in between the two extremes. Considering the time it takes to do a blog-entry (if you do it right) I opted against blogging about it. Cut to a day later and she pulls the same stunt, this time with Jason Mraz. I watched both videos.

I watch alot of concert footage of Tay Tay and I've really noticed many improvements in her live performances lately. Comparing the two, I preferred the second one. I'm not dissing the Biebs; he seems like a really nice guy and doesn't irritate me nearly as much as he used to - plus he knows how to work a crowd. It's just that their performance styles are so different it was weird to see Justin with his choreography and backup dancers next to Taylor with her hairography and touch-the-sky moves.

Jason, on the other hand is a crooner, so he just stood in one spot with his guitar while Taylor sat and harmonised next to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment